|Dining area showing portrait of Edgar Kaufmann, Sr.|
This view is from the kitchen doorway in the northwest corner of the living room. The portrait hanging on the wall is of Edgar Kaufmann, Sr., who hired Frank Lloyd Wright to design the house in 1935. The house then passed to Edgar Kaufmann, Jr., who had studied under Wright at Taliesin. In 1963 he made the house available to the public by entrusting it to the Western Pennsylvania Conservancy.
The stairway in the center of the photo leads up to the second floor landing. Behind the stairway is the "front door." The glass doors visible on the right lead out to the southeast terrace. If the camera were to pan to the right, it would capture this view of the living room in black and white. See also another view of the dining area
|Click here or on photo for hi-res (huge) (3264x4228 pixel, 3.4MB) version.|