|Southeast corner of the house, looking from the bridge (from southeast).|
|The stream (Bear Run) is in the foreground, and the plunge pool can be seen behind the low wall. Steps leading down to it are barely visible behind the Lipchitz Mother and Child statue, which sits on the corner of the low wall.|
Original photo, taken by the webmaster.|
Click here or on the photo for a smaller version.
[The statue in the picture is the] Lipchitz Mother and Child, placed by Wright at the corner of the plunge pool. Damaged in the 1956 tornado and repaired by the artist, this statue is now securely held by a strong chain inside the base.
- Edgar Kaufmann, Jr., Fallingwater: A Frank Lloyd Wright Country House, p. 64.
|Go to Recommended Books about Fallingwater|
|Go to the Fallingwater Main Page|
|Go to the Frank Lloyd Wright Main Page|